Fires of Cyx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Pokemon Roleplaying website set in the Cyx Region.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Elegance to Tallum City.
A City in the Clouds I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011, 10:23 am by Annoa Blackrain

» Genecyx's Invitation
A City in the Clouds I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 6:22 pm by Genecyx

» Clyde's Request
A City in the Clouds I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 5:56 pm by Genecyx

» In the woods
A City in the Clouds I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011, 3:09 pm by Ashley

» Infatuated
A City in the Clouds I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011, 9:46 am by Annoa Blackrain

» Just Here for My Starter Kit
A City in the Clouds I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun 2011, 10:50 pm by Genecyx

» Elegance Journey
A City in the Clouds I_icon_minitimeSun 12 Jun 2011, 7:55 am by Annoa Blackrain

» A City in the Clouds
A City in the Clouds I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2011, 12:13 pm by Genecyx

» Ashley Still
A City in the Clouds I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2011, 8:44 am by Genecyx

Our Affiliates
Cyx Region Chatbox

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

A City in the Clouds

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashley
Ashley

A City in the Clouds Empty
PostSubject: A City in the Clouds   A City in the Clouds I_icon_minitimeWed 08 Jun 2011, 6:29 pm

Ashley walked a long a sidewalk that snaked throughout the spacecraft city. She wasn't very fond of heights, but this was where she ended up after running from home and meeting up with her partner - Pride, a Buizel who she had saved in her home town of Zaveloc city. She was indeed a far way away from home. That made her smile softly. She had originally planned to stop at Flameberge city, but something held her up on the ship. An offer. She accepted the shady offer, though she wasn't too sure as to why. There was mention of a mute man and an Absol, but as for the rest, well, it was unclear. Ashley didn't care. What did she have to lose?

Anyways. She wander the sidewalk, occasionally glancing up at the buildings and wondering to herself who had the idea of building a city inside of an airship. Nevertheless, it was pretty cool to travel across the region in a ship. She got t watch the region fly by below and she already had a good idea as to what she'd be facing once she left the airship. She seen a lot of difficult terrain which probably held many strong Pokemon. She slowly pulled out her only occupied pokeball and stared down at it. She needed to level up her Buizel before she could even think about leaving Aryaa city.

Pride stretched his arms out as he gaze lazily about the city. His new trainer vaguely mentioned something about knocking over trashcans and watering flower, or whatever. He huffed and then faced the triangular set of trashcans that Ashley had set up. Thinking that this was far too simple for him and that it wouldn't even be practice, he spun his tails once, leaped into the air and pivoted his body. With a smirk he spun completely around midair and launched out a shock wave from his tails at the trash cans. Naturally, they fell over with ease. Pride landed on the ground and brushed off his shoulders in a cocky manner.

He blinked twice when he saw Ashley set up three trashcans on top of each other. "Pride, you need to knock them off one at a time, starting at the top." His trainer spoke with a soft, hardly audible voice. Pride rolled his eyes and then motioned her away. Once again he was set with an easy task. He repeated the same process. Jumping into the air and spinning his body a bit, he launched another SonicBoom at the top most trashcan. The bin was shot off with enough force to cause the entire tower of trashcans to fall. Pride crossed his arms and huffed. That did not work out how he had planned it to. "Buizel, buiz." (Set them back up.), he waved at Ashley, who did just what he asked.

He rolled his shoulders a few times, preparing himself better this time. Instead of jumping into the air, he leaned on one foot as he spun and snapped his tails upwards, sending the SonicBoom attack up at the bottom of the trashcan. The trashcan was blasted from the top and sent spinning into the air, landing in some random place behind a building. The remaining two trashcans wobbled, but stayed in place. Pride grinned and nodded his head confidently. He spun his two tails behind him for a second or two as he stared at the last two trashcans. Finally, he nodded, as if he decided fully what he planned to do, and then pivoted his body and lashed out his tails. Out came the SonicBoom which hit the trashcan perfectly and sent it flying. The last trashcan swayed back and forth, preparing to fall over, but apparently Pride saw this coming. He lunged forward in a blink of an eye, using his Quick Attack to slam into the trashcan and send it flying as well before it could fall over. He crossed his arms and smirked. This was all too easy for him and his perfect skills.

He looked over at Ashley as she pointed towards a small cluster of trees that were grouped together in the local park. Pride tilted his head. Then he remembered that Ashley mentioned something about using his SonicBoom to trim up the grass around the trees without actually hitting the trees. He rolled his eyes at the simple task. Why even do this? Isn't there people who do that. He sighed and then walked to the trees and looked over the tall grass that went just above his head. He lashed out his tails, using his SonicBoom to clear out a section of grass that wasn't even close to the trees. Naturally, he didn't hit the trees, but now came the tricky-ish part. Cutting around the trees. Using smaller, more easily controlled SonicBooms, Pride cut down the grass around the trees, though he did hit the trees a few times, but it wasn't enough to actually damage the defenseless tree. Though it was uneven and unprofessional, Pride got the job done pretty quickly.

Ashley smiled softly at Pride's hard work and much needed training. Now that Pride was actually a Pokemon that might be able to defend her, she felt a little less uneasy wandering through the mini park. Maybe now instead of knocking down trashcans and cutting grass, they could find a Pokemon to beat up, or possibly catch. It all depends on what she stumbled on. That is, if she even found a wild Pokemon. Knowing her luck there's some sort of crazy kid in this park just looking for a weak trainer to beat up.

(Total=937. 800 money earned.)
(Training=610. 3 levels for Pride
Pride reached level 8.
To learn Water Gun, he forgot Water Sport.)
Back to top Go down
Genecyx
Admin
Admin
Genecyx

PostSubject: Re: A City in the Clouds   A City in the Clouds I_icon_minitimeThu 09 Jun 2011, 11:42 am

A rogue Poochyena inspected some of the turned-over trash bins curiously, as they were usually the source of his breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Sniffing at them happily, he was pleased that half of his work was done for him. He often had a terrible time trying to tip them over without alerting anyone of his presence.

Ah, the life of a Poochyena was a tough one.

Shortly after his nose reacclimated from the fresh scent of garbage, something interesting caught his nose. A strange, new scent in a world of familiar ones. Poochyena dropped down and growled furiously at the intruding girl and her weird-looking pokemon.

Poochyena wanted to show her how tough he was, and make sure that she knew that this was his territory, and no one could take it from him. He barked at her, ready to defend his trash cans from anyone that tried to take them.

Poochyena:
Back to top Go down
https://firesofcyx.forumotion.com
Ashley
Ashley

PostSubject: Re: A City in the Clouds   A City in the Clouds I_icon_minitimeThu 09 Jun 2011, 2:00 pm

Pride was the first to notice the rouge Poochyena. "Buiz! Buiz!" (A Pokemon! Let's kill it!) Pride pointed at the black and grey wolf that growled at him. Ashley turned and looked down at the Poochyena. It sure was spunky, and in a terribly bad mood. "Pride, take care of it for me," she mumbled as she pulled out a pencil and began to sketch out the Poochyena.

Pride huffed confidently and nodded. "You're going to wish you never challenged me," Pride smirked at the Poochyena. "I'm the strongest Pokemon here." Pride sucked in a deep breath of air and then exhaled a steady stream of icy water aimed directly at the angry Poochyena.

All the while, Ashley glanced between her sketchpad and the Pokemon, obviously intent on her sketching, but somehow also intent on the battle itself. It seemed she was a good multitasker.
Back to top Go down
Genecyx
Admin
Admin
Genecyx

PostSubject: Re: A City in the Clouds   A City in the Clouds I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2011, 10:50 am

Poochyena just growled in response to his headstrong opponent. He could easily tell this Buizel would be trouble. And before he could react, a stream of water blasted him in his face, causing him to stumble as the bitterly cold water made full contact.

However, he rose back to his feet, still snarling at his watery enemy.

If he wanted to play hardball, Poochyena was definitely game. Not that he necessarily had any powerful attacks...he couldn't even bite anything with his sharp fangs yet! He wished he could, though...he'd love to sink his teeth into that arrogant weasel just for being so brash.

Shaking the cool water from his fur, he flung his head back and howled. He could feel the fur on the back of his neck rise, and the blood pounding through his veins like a raging current. He could feel his own power increase as lowered his snout and growled at the Buizel again, ready for his next attack.
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Ashley

PostSubject: Re: A City in the Clouds   A City in the Clouds I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2011, 12:13 am

Pride crossed his arms and smirked as his attack landed smoothly on the wild Pokemon. The Pokemon looked like it was going to counterattack with some massive, uncalled for attack, but instead it simply howled up at the sky and bristled his fur a bit. Pride rolled his eyes and tapped his foot impatiently. He wasn't one to use stat modifiers. He'd rather just kill it before it had the chance to strike back.

"SonicBoom," Ashley said quietly, though her eyes were focused on her sketchpad.

Pride nodded once, smirking a bit. He leaned on one foot and pivoted his body, lashing out his tails. This motion caused a shock wave to burst out from his tail and fly directly at the wild Pokemon's head.
Back to top Go down
Genecyx
Admin
Admin
Genecyx

PostSubject: Re: A City in the Clouds   A City in the Clouds I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2011, 12:27 am

Poochyena saw the Sonicboom approaching, but was too slow to avoid them effectively. He leapt out of the way, but just enough so that the attack still managed to graze his body and damage him. He panted as he outmached against the Buizel, although he would fight anyway. He wouldn't just go down like a limp rag. He would go down swinging like a real pokemon should.

Although he was supposed to be focused on the pokemon across from him, he found himself staring at the girl who was controlling the Buizel. Err...at least, that's what she was supposed to be doing. She wasn't even paying attention to the fight, and was instead focusing on something in her hands, her eyes downcast instead of active and alert. Poochyena wondered if all trainers were so lackadaisical about pokemon battles.

Poochyena got to his feet, still invigorated by his previous howling and began rushing forward.

He could feel his padded paws pressing hard against the metal floor as he shot towards Buizel in an attempt to ram him hard with his shoulder. After all the damage that the Buizel had done to him already, it would feel good to dish out some damage in return. Nothing felt better to Poochyena than some well-deserved revenge shots. He was a dark pokemon, after all. He couldn't wait to hit Buizel as hard as he could to maybe try and knock some sense into the snotty weasel.

(WC: 243)
(+100 Money)
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Ashley

PostSubject: Re: A City in the Clouds   A City in the Clouds I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2011, 12:45 am

"Put up your arms," Ashley said in her normally quiet voice, only this time she actually looked up at the battle. Now that her picture of Poochyena howling up at the sky was finish, all of her focus was on the battle, and apparently that wasn't such a good thing for the poor pooch. Though her expression was generally unreadable, there was something about the way she held herself that said she was serious about this battle.

Pride seemed to instantly pick up on his trainer's sudden intentness and quickly brought up his arms in front of his face, forming an X with them, just before Poochyena rammed into him. Poochyena's head pushed against Pride's arms, causing him to slide back a few feet. He blinked twice then dropped his arms. He was taken back a bit. That Tackle attack actually sort of hurt. That couldn't be right... Pride was the strongest Pokemon here. He growled and then took a few steps forward.

"Water Gun," Ashely said as her eyes stared directly into Poochyena's. She wasn't glaring, but it was such an intent look, that it seemed to have the same vibe as a glare.

Pride took a few more steps towards the Poochyena before opening his mouth and shooting out another icy blast of water aimed at the wolf's snarling face.

(222)
Back to top Go down
Genecyx
Admin
Admin
Genecyx

PostSubject: Re: A City in the Clouds   A City in the Clouds I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2011, 9:49 am

Poochyena felt his head connect not with Buizel's soft fur, but with something solid, instead. He would just have to try harder next time, wouldn't he? He mentally resolved himself for such a goal. As Buizel received the order to use his Water Gun again, Poochyena got himself ready this time. He prepared his legs, and took a deep breath just before the attack came his way.

Before the icy water could hit him, Poochyena sidestepped quickly, stumbling and rolling over a few times, but otherwise managing to stay out of harm's way. "Poochyena!" (Alright!) He said to himself with a toothy grin. However, his grin quickly faded as he noticed the girl was now fully intent on the battle. Her eyes were focused and a bit wild, although her expression was one of serenity and peace. He almost missed her downcast eyes not focusing on the battle.

There was something frightening about the way she commanded her pokemon...

Still in the heat of the moment, he pushed himself forward again in an attempt to try another Tackle. He hoped this time that Buizel wouldn't block the assault, and instead allow Poochyena to hit one home and show the girl what he could really do. This was the first time that a human had managed to spook him slightly, and he didn't like it.

(WC: 236)
(+100 Money)

So he tried to do what he did best...bring the pain.
Back to top Go down
Ashley
Ashley

PostSubject: Re: A City in the Clouds   A City in the Clouds I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2011, 12:13 pm

Even as the Poochyena charged at Pride, Ashley kept the same calm, but intent look on her face. "Water Gun on the ground."

Pride didn't hesitate. He opened his mouth and blasted his Water Gun at the ground by his feet. The force from the attack caused the water to bounce up from the ground and make a sort of very weak shield in front of Pride. Of course, the weak water shield did nothing to actually protect Pride, but the sudden burst of water did cause the Poochyena to falter in his attack. When the wolf pushed through the water, he continued his attack, but didn't hit with as much force as intended. Pride grunted and slid back a few inches as Poochyena made contact. He winced a bit at the pain that had begun to form in his chest. He slowly brought up his hand to feel his chest, as if to make sure nothing was broken. With another small wince, he dropped his arms and glared at the Poochyena. "Good for nothing runt... I'll teach you to pick a fight with me"

"SonicBoom."

Pride smirked only slightly then pivoted his body once more, only this time he couldn't back the pained grunt that followed his action. Moving his body like that caused a sharp pain in his chest, though he did his best to ignore it and continued with the attack. A shock wave shot out from his tail and flew towards the Poochyena.

(247)
Back to top Go down
Genecyx
Admin
Admin
Genecyx

PostSubject: Re: A City in the Clouds   A City in the Clouds I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2011, 12:13 pm

The member 'Ashley' has done the following action : Critical Chance

#1 'Critical Chance' : 9

--------------------------------

#2 'Critical Chance' : 2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A City in the Clouds   A City in the Clouds I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A City in the Clouds
Page 1 of 1