Fires of Cyx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Pokemon Roleplaying website set in the Cyx Region.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Elegance to Tallum City.
The Beginning Step I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011, 10:23 am by Annoa Blackrain

» Genecyx's Invitation
The Beginning Step I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 6:22 pm by Genecyx

» Clyde's Request
The Beginning Step I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 5:56 pm by Genecyx

» In the woods
The Beginning Step I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011, 3:09 pm by Ashley

» Infatuated
The Beginning Step I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011, 9:46 am by Annoa Blackrain

» Just Here for My Starter Kit
The Beginning Step I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun 2011, 10:50 pm by Genecyx

» Elegance Journey
The Beginning Step I_icon_minitimeSun 12 Jun 2011, 7:55 am by Annoa Blackrain

» A City in the Clouds
The Beginning Step I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2011, 12:13 pm by Genecyx

» Ashley Still
The Beginning Step I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2011, 8:44 am by Genecyx

Our Affiliates
Cyx Region Chatbox

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

The Beginning Step

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nanao Ise
Nanao Ise

The Beginning Step Empty
PostSubject: The Beginning Step   The Beginning Step I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 6:29 pm

Nanao carried Arwan in her arms as she neared the Pokemon Research Lab. Arianna, the Gothita that wouldn't leave her alone, followed along behind her, occasionally stooping over to pick a flower. Not that Nanao noticed, anyway. She was too concerned with getting this over as soon as possible, and from what she had heard at the supermarket, the Professor was the person to see for Pokeballs and Pokemon information. She had also heard a number of other rumors, not all of them good. This place was worse than the seren--her previous home with rumors.

She carried a backpack with her, the only thing inside was the large volume of Pokemon knowledge. She had learned that Arwan the Dratini would eventually evolve into a Dragonair, and then into a powerful Dragonite, who would be a flying and dragon type Pokemon. The Gothita behind her would become a Gothorita, and then a Gothitelle, a psychic type Pokemon.

Knocking twice sharply on the screen door, she then took three steps back to give the Professor, if he was home, room to open the door. Her thoughts were quick, simple, and calculating, and she was slightly on the edge. She wanted to make a good impression on this Professor, for he would be the first mort-- person she had contacted in this region. She might need his assistance in the future, too, so it would be best for him to be a good acquaintance. She needed a Pokeball for Arwan so he could accompany her and be healed easier, but she also needed to do something with this clingy Gothita.

Arianna, for that was what Nanao had nicknamed her, was cute, sure, but it was kind of annoying to be followed around by multiple creatures. Arwan was one thing; Nanao had wanted him around. Plus, it felt nice when he wrapped himself around her arm and mumbled 'Tini' just before he went to sleep. Arianna was a liability, though, and Nanao wasn't convinced she would ever get over her emotional issues. So, she was going to ask the Pokemon Professor for some help getting rid of the Gothita.

Sighing impatiently, Nanao knocked on the door again, this time louder. Her Dratini slithered up her shoulder and behind her neck, becoming something of a scarf. "Hi, Arwan." she whispered with a smile, but he only replied with a "Tini". "Telle..." Arianna said with a little bit a melancholy, and Nanao almost responded with, "It'll be okay." Then Nanao remembered she was planning to ditch the little thing, and decided against it.

Nanao wondered what she would do with Arwan around this region. Would she be a coordinator, and preform in shows? That seemed to.. gaudy and superficial to Nanao, though. She could be a trainer, simply battling anyone and everyone. That didn't seem like her either, though. She wanted to fight for a good cause. She refused to be a breeder, simply exploiting a Pokemon's genes for her own profit. Some mort-- people were so cruel. Maybe she could be a researcher, learning all she could about Pokemon. Or a ranger, helping Pokemon in need. Nothing seemed to fit perfectly, though. She wanted to change the world in a big way. She wanted to change the way people in Cyx thought about Pokemon. She wanted them to respect these creatures, to protect and love them.

Yet.. it seemed hypocritical for her to want to change the world in such a way, when she herself wanted to get rid of a Pokemon that had taken a liking to her. Maybe she would keep the Gothita after all...

(WC: 603. +500)
Back to top Go down
Genecyx
Admin
Admin
Genecyx

The Beginning Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning Step   The Beginning Step I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 8:09 pm

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm coming, I'm coming. Keep your shirt on."

Professor Crowe managed to slip on a black tie before answering the door, not that it really mattered what the rookies thought about his attire. Now that he thought about it, he only owned black ties. Hmm. He really should think about getting a gray one...

Crowe opened the door and glanced out for only a second before he knew what was up. "Uh...huh." He said slowly, raising one eyebrow. "Who in their right mind would trust a newbie like you with a Dratini?" He said as he turned around, more talking to himself than to her. "C'mon in, we haven't got all day." He spoke rather quickly, as if each of his words were bullets attempting to pierce your skin. He was also rather tart and curt with you, although that was just his own nature, so although many people took it personally, it was more or less a genetic trait born to Crowe himself.

As they walked through the windowless lab, Professor Crowe walked backwards and spoke to the girl that had seemingly wandered into his lab. Amazing...their expressions seemed to get dimmer and dimmer as they day dragged on. Being a pokemon professor was always his dream, but why did it have to put up with all these damned trainers?

"You may or may not know me, but I'm Professor Crowe. That's Crowe, with an E at the end, mind you. You may call me Professor, Crowe, or Professor Crowe." He poured himself a quick cup of coffee from a steaming thermos. "...and you are?"

(WC: 271)
(+100 Money)
Back to top Go down
https://firesofcyx.forumotion.com
Nanao Ise
Nanao Ise

The Beginning Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning Step   The Beginning Step I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 8:30 pm

"My name is Nanao, Professor." she responded, trying to keep her temper around this disrespectful man. Glaring, but keeping her voice light, she continued. "The little old ladies at the grocery store had some interesting things to say about you, but I was only interested in your academic pursuits and accomplishments." She gave a mocking smile. "I've heard that you help out people with new Pokemon, but you don't seem in the mood to help much." Arwan uncurled himself from around her neck as she helped herself to a chair in his kitchen. Arianna simply sat on the floor at Nanao's feet, wrapping her arms around her pant leg.

"I found Arwan swimming in a creek near my house one evening. He was showing off to no one in particular, got stuck in a branch, and I released him. He won't leave me alone now." Arwan nuzzled her hand as he slid onto the table. "The Gothita is just clingy." However, she patted the little thing on the head as she said this. "Thita!" she said happily. "Now," continued Nanao. "Are you going to help me, or not? Money is no issue, if that's what you want in return. But I have it from several sources that you help beginners out of the ...love.. of your job." She gave him a dark look, and Arwan backed her up with a menacing look. Arianna ignored everyone and anything but Nanao's leg.

(WC: 240)
Back to top Go down
Genecyx
Admin
Admin
Genecyx

The Beginning Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning Step   The Beginning Step I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 8:50 pm

"Nanao, eh? Nice to meet you, I suppose. And believe it or not, I'm in the mood to help those that help themselves." The professor said, grinning to himself and taking another sip from his mug. He wondered if she even knew what the hell he was talking about. Sometimes he couldn't even keep up with himself. Ah, to get the sleep he so richly deserved.

Maybe then he could get rid of this damned headache...

Pausing a moment to pinch his nasal bridge with two fingers, he looked down at the girl sitting in his kitchen chair. Funny...he didn't remember offering her a seat. Ah, that's why. Because he hadn't. "Interesting...it appears by some twist of fickle fate, that this pokemon owes you a life debt." He glanced down at the Dratini in the girl's lap. "Lucky for both of you, I suppose."

The professor had always enjoyed the company of dragon pokemon. There was something regal about their aura that no other pokemon gave off. It was nearly intoxicating just being in their presence. He smiled briefly at Dratini before pulling a small box from a nearby shelf. He blew a small layer of dust from its surface, coughing in response to the new particles floating about in the air. He really should do some spring cleaning.

Too bad it was summer.

"Now, do you know what you'll be needing, Ms. Nanao?"

(WC: 236)
(+100 Money)
Back to top Go down
Nanao Ise
Nanao Ise

The Beginning Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning Step   The Beginning Step I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 10:26 pm

Nanao frowned. Why he implying she didn't deserve Arwan? It seemed he was... She was liking this professor less and less by the minute. People in this region were too obtuse with their feelings. Pulling her Dratini back by the end of his tail to keep him from snapping at the professor, she thought for a moments, searching through her memories and logic.

"Well, I recently read an Encyclopedia Pokemonus, shortly before stumbling across Arwan. I don't know how updated it was, but I assume I'll still need Pokeballs to keep my Pokemon in. And the Gothita, too."
"Goth." said Arianna, acknowledging she had been mentioned.
"Yes, dear." Nanao said, patting her on the head absentmindedly. "I might want a Pokedex, but I don't know what my goal in this region will be yet. That is, if you have any to spare me." She gave a pointed look at the stock of Dexes on a shelf on the wall if front of her.

She scooped up Arianna into her arms and hugged her to her chest. "Gothita!" she said, radiating pure joy. Nanao ignored the cute little Pokmemon and continued talking to the Pokemon Professor.
"I do thank you, if you decide to help me." The look she gave him suggested it wasn't a good idea to refuse her. Arianna tugged at her long hair, peeking out at Crowe from behind Nanao's dark locks.

"Any other items I believe I can afford from the store in town, and I have my starter Pokemon. It looks like most of your job has been done for you." She gave a small smirk. Maybe she could irritate him enough to cause him to outburst. Arwan began to lose interest in the Professor, and turned instead to Arianna, who poked him happily. He gave her a disapproving look; he wasn't too fond of the little psychic type Pokemon.

(WC: 314)
Back to top Go down
Genecyx
Admin
Admin
Genecyx

The Beginning Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning Step   The Beginning Step I_icon_minitimeWed 08 Jun 2011, 9:57 am

"Pokeballs...right, pokeballs..." The professor said absently, checking a few shelves quickly. Where had he put those things...he had a new group of trainers coming in right after this one, and he had misplaced the damn pokeballs? Perfect.

Then again, it was the nature of a professor to lose track of things.

"Ah, I remember where I put the little buggers..." He said, reaching into a drawer, which caused several dozen tiny pokeballs to roll forward. He carefully picked up five and placed them into a silver suitcase, which was lined with velvet. It had five little slots where the pokeballs fit in perfectly.

"And these?" Crowe said, picking up a red pokedex from the shelf where Nanao had been looking. "You don't want these." He finished curtly, tossing it over his shoulder and into a trash can, where it made a terrible ruckus as it crashed into the bottom. "Old-fashioned. Cavemen used to catalog pokemon with these. Ugh...I feel like my clothes are going out of style just looking at them."

He pulled a sleek, black pokedex from a nearby container and gave it to Nanao carefully. "This is what you want. The latest and greatest. I only have a couple of these, but you look like you need it more than I do, rookie."

Dusting off his hands, he looked around hurriedly, as if trying to figure out what else she needed. "Let's see...I assume you have a cellphone? Of course you do, who doesn't nowadays. My number is already programmed into the pokedex, so you can just program it into your phone and call if you need any help."

He turned away and mumbled under his breath, "...let's hope not..."

After typing a few names and numbers into a spreadsheet on his computer, he turned back to her, crossing his arms and raising his eyebrows. "...any questions?"

(WC: 313)
(+200 Money)
Back to top Go down
Nanao Ise
Nanao Ise

The Beginning Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning Step   The Beginning Step I_icon_minitimeWed 08 Jun 2011, 1:07 pm

"No, no questions." she told him as she stood, depositing her two Pokemon gently on the ground. She ran the tips of her fingers across the Pokeballs in the velvet case, sighing happily. "I'll call you if I need anything, but that's... unlikely." Arwan muttered his agreement, twisting himself around Nanao's leg. Arianna clung to her other leg tightly with both hands. "Thank you for the Pokedex." she said sincerely. "I'm sure it'll come in handy in my travels. Alright guys," she said to her Pokemon, prying them off her leg. "Time to go. Say goodbye to the Professor." Maybe she could grow to be fond of him, in time. Arianna waved goodbye without looking at Crowe, and Arwan only gave a small "Dratini" out of respect. Waving goodbye, Nanao walked out of the Research Lab, the silver suitcase deposited safely in her backpack.

Stopping under a large tree, she sat down carefully as to not hurt her two Pokemon. Pulling the silver suitcase out of her bag, she undid the clasps and laid it out in the grass. Pulling out two Pokeballs, she captured both of the Pokemon still attached to her legs. Neither of the Pokeballs so much as twitched. She sighed contentedly, but sort of missed the weight on her legs. Oh well. It was time to hit the towns, and figure out her purpose in Cyx.

(WC: 230)

End of thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Beginning Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Beginning Step   The Beginning Step I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Beginning Step
Page 1 of 1