A Pokemon Roleplaying website set in the Cyx Region.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Elegance to Tallum City.
Of Light and Darkness I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011, 10:23 am by Annoa Blackrain

» Genecyx's Invitation
Of Light and Darkness I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 6:22 pm by Genecyx

» Clyde's Request
Of Light and Darkness I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 5:56 pm by Genecyx

» In the woods
Of Light and Darkness I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011, 3:09 pm by Ashley

» Infatuated
Of Light and Darkness I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011, 9:46 am by Annoa Blackrain

» Just Here for My Starter Kit
Of Light and Darkness I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun 2011, 10:50 pm by Genecyx

» Elegance Journey
Of Light and Darkness I_icon_minitimeSun 12 Jun 2011, 7:55 am by Annoa Blackrain

» A City in the Clouds
Of Light and Darkness I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2011, 12:13 pm by Genecyx

» Ashley Still
Of Light and Darkness I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2011, 8:44 am by Genecyx

Our Affiliates
Cyx Region Chatbox

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Of Light and Darkness

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Genecyx
Admin
Admin
Genecyx

Of Light and Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Of Light and Darkness   Of Light and Darkness I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 7:32 pm

A shadowy figure stood silently upon the roof of the ARYAA-701, his thoughts everywhere and nowhere at the same time. The roof was lashed with blistering gales as the ARYAA sliced through the clouds, but the figure remained motionless as if the strong winds were nothing but a cool breeze on a crisp, spring morning. His coat flapped about in the wind, and a hood covered his head.

His trusted companion (and only companion) stood beside him, staring out over the clouds with a permanent scowl etched onto his face. The pokemon's white fur contrasted greatly with the dark roof of the ARYAA, but it caused him to appear nearly invisible against the backdrop of clouds. Turning his head slightly, his horn seemed to slash the clouds neatly in half as they soared by.

"Absol..." (I sense something...) The pokemon said in a deep, raspy voice.

The figure pulled off his hood and shook his head, revealing long, silver hair. His deep, aqua-colored eyes staring into the dark eyes of his pokemon, he simply gazed at him quietly. However, the Absol shook his head solemnly, continuing.

"Absol-sol...Absol..." (No...it's distant...but there...)

The figure smiled reassuringly and jumped down from the balcony where he had been perched, rather dangerously, one might add. He put his hands behind his back and surveyed the large area atop the ship's main deck. He was quite pleased with the amount of space and privacy he had up here, and he nodded towards his pokemon to get his attention.

The Absol, named Unus, leapt down from his own perch and sat patiently in the center as the man in the dark coat circled him like a predator stalking its prey. As he walked, he used his hands, turning them this way and that as if making a speech, although he was clearly mute. Unus nodded every once in a while, but otherwise stared straight ahead, and made no indication that he was even alive.

When the man appeared to have finished his silent speech, Absol stood up and dipped his head, dragging his horn against the roof of the aircraft to sharpen it. It made a terrible screeching sound as it tore the roof of the ARYAA, but the dark-suited figure didn't seem to care. He simply smiled pleasantly. Shaking his head, Unus seemed pleased with the sharpness of his horn now.

A voice in Unus's head echoed with two simple words.

"Let's begin."

~

Unus dashed around the roof of the ARYAA quickly, slashing with his sharp claws at barrels his trainer had marked. The point of this exercise was for speed, accuracy, and performance. And Unus was completely aware that his trainer did not accept a lackluster performance.

As Unus ran, his eyes darted from side to side, looking for a small red mark that would reveal his next target. As soon as he noticed a flash of red anywhere on a box, his claws would strike out, leaving three large gashes as he sped past. Flocks of bird pokemon loved to perch on top of the massive ship for a quick rest, although they were only obstacles in Unus's training. With a sharp bark or scrape of his claws, they were sent flying off in a frantic heap, squawking their heads off.

If he wasn't so annoyed with them, Unus may actually have laughed.

As if the marked boxes weren't enough, Unus's shady trainer had also marked several boxes with an X instead of a O. The X's were not to be hit, he had specified before his pokemon had begun the course, so Unus had to make sure that the mark was correct before slashing.

A red mark came into view, and Unus rushed forward to slash it, stopping just short when he realized it was an X, and not an O. He blurred backwards and scratched the box on top of it, which was correctly marked.

His Feint was getting better.

Unus continued the course all day, and most of the night, until it became too dark to see, and then he just continued anyway. Until his trainer told him he could stop, he was under strict orders to continue indefinitely. However, his trainer was not unreasonable. A piercing voice in his head caused Unus to stop on a dime midway through the course. The boxes he had been slashing all day were nearly unrecognizable from their former selves, and bits of wood and metal lay all about the roof of the airship. Unus panted as he sat still and awaited further instruction from his trainer.

Suddenly, the dark figure rounded into view, his black coat almost indistinguishable from the night sky. He had a smile on his face, although Unus was aware that a smile could be either good or bad with his trainer. "Well done, Unus." The man said, although his mouth was perfectly still. He appeared to have some kind of telepathic ability. Unus nodded, still panting with effort.

However, Unus dropped into a battle stance and turned, growling maliciously. "...Absol-sol." (Something's there.) The dark-suited figure smiled and passed his pokemon, walking in the direction Unus had indicated.

"Let's greet them, shall we?" He said, his eyes glinting in the moonlight.

(Training WC: 464)
(Total WC: 874)
(+700 Money)
(Unus grew to Level 7!)
Back to top Go down
https://firesofcyx.forumotion.com
Nanao Ise
Nanao Ise

PostSubject: Re: Of Light and Darkness   Of Light and Darkness I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 8:11 pm

"Hello." said a man, emerging from the shadows. "What are you doing on my airship?" A Skarmory swooped down beside him, landing neatly on the ground. In receiving no answer from the strange man, he continued not bothered. "I am Clyde, the gym leader of Aryaa. You have quite the Absol there, and her Feint attack has clearly improved. " The Skarmory said nothing, and when the wind ruffled its metal feathers, the sound was of two swords sliding together.

The moon was revealed from behind the clouds, only a simple, thin crescent, but its light was enough to illuminate the deck of the airship. "Skarm." said Clyde's Pokemon, warning him not to trust these people. "You're too harsh, Skarmy." he said, waving his Pokemon off. The bird twitched at the nickname. To the man, Clyde said, "Also, I'd appreciate it if you would use the normal walking paths of the airship, instead of perching on other random things, hm?" He gave a winning smile.
Back to top Go down
Genecyx
Admin
Admin
Genecyx

PostSubject: Re: Of Light and Darkness   Of Light and Darkness I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 8:35 pm

Flashing a winning smile of his own, the silver-haired figure waved politely, then motioned at his mouth. He mouthed the words, "I can't speak" and shrugged quietly with a frown. Unus stepped forward. He was familiar with dictating for his speechless trainer.

"Absol...sol-Absol, sol-sol...Absol." (Forgive us...we required passage to Tallum City. I apologize if we were...out of line. We thought that the roof of this airship would provide the space and privacy necessary to train.)

Unus glanced at Skarmory darkly. "...Absol." (...we were mistaken.)

The dark figure strode over to the Gym Leader and shook his hand warmly before walking away with his hands out, as if referring to the entire ship. Unus spoke up for his trainer. "Sol-Absol abs-sol Absol." (If possible, my master wishes to ask a few questions about this aircraft.)

The silver-haired figure had taken a seat on a nearby barrel, and was smiling politely at Clyde, in an attempt to disarm any hesitance or doubt from the Gym Leader's mind.

"...Absoool..." (For example, where might we find the pilot...?)

(WC: 178)
Back to top Go down
Nanao Ise
Nanao Ise

PostSubject: Re: Of Light and Darkness   Of Light and Darkness I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 10:48 pm

"Oh, a mute." he smiled happily at you both, completely unsuspecting. He listened to Unus intently, luckily understanding every word. He was a gym leader, after all. He had a gift with Pokemon. When Unus was through saying his piece, he spoke to his Skarmory first. "Please go, they don't seem comfortable with you around." The Skarmory glared, but listened to his trainer. He flew off, but landed on a balcony railing no too far away, staring pointedly at you both.

"I apologize for interrupting your training. I was just curious about the methods that could send so many flocks of Pidgey into the night sky." With a small smile, he continued. "I'd be happy to ask any questions you have," he glanced between the man and his Absol, "And we'll be landing in Tallum City early in the morning, and be docking all day."

A rush of feathers and squawks came from the distance as another flock of bird flew up in the air, seemingly unrelated to the conversation. "Hm.. Wonder what that was." He seemed to debate for a moment about whether it was safe to tell you about the pilot or not. Some precautions needed to be taken. To make up for his Pokemon's lack of hospitality, he decided to tell you anyways. "The pilot has his own quarters in the uppermost level of the airship. My own rooms are nearby, so either of us can take control of the wheel when need be." The poor fool kept smiling away.

(WC: 253)

Last edited by Nanao Ise on Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Genecyx
Admin
Admin
Genecyx

PostSubject: Re: Of Light and Darkness   Of Light and Darkness I_icon_minitimeWed 08 Jun 2011, 9:06 am

The silver-haired man shrugged off the man's apologies with a brisk wave of his hand. Unus needn't explain that, as it was generally understood. The two began to retreat to the darkness of the ship's stairwell. However, Unus did manage one last, long stare at the suspicious Skarmory who had flown off a considerable distance, no doubt to give him a chance to calm himself.

So...there were two stubborn, old iron-birds in the air this evening...

"Unus..."

A dry, almost lazy voice whispered into the Absol's mind, beckoning him to follow. Unus leered at Skarmory before leaping into the stairwell after his trainer obediently. "Absol, sol..." (That Skarmory will be trouble, master...) Unus had already felt strong tension between the steel pokemon and himself, and he always trusted his instincts. That Skarmory and his oblivious trainer, Clyde, were the only thing standing between him and the completion of the mission.

The silver-haired man shook his head confidently with a smile. His mouth remained shut as he continued down the stairs towards the uppermost cabins. "Merely imaginary numbers in an otherwise perfect equation. They will not matter once my beloved followers rise."

Unus was still hesitant about becoming confident with the . His experience with natural disasters had taught him to become more careful about his actions, as fate was a cruel beast. "...sol...Absooool, Absol...?" (So...you truly believe they will willingly accept your invitation, master?) The dark figure who called himself Genecyx pulled his hood back over his head, hiding his face from the world.

"...like pigs to the slaughter."

~End of thread.~

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Light and Darkness   Of Light and Darkness I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Of Light and Darkness
Page 1 of 1