Fires of Cyx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Pokemon Roleplaying website set in the Cyx Region.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Elegance to Tallum City.
Roleplaying: Raising Your Pokemon I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011, 10:23 am by Annoa Blackrain

» Genecyx's Invitation
Roleplaying: Raising Your Pokemon I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 6:22 pm by Genecyx

» Clyde's Request
Roleplaying: Raising Your Pokemon I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 5:56 pm by Genecyx

» In the woods
Roleplaying: Raising Your Pokemon I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011, 3:09 pm by Ashley

» Infatuated
Roleplaying: Raising Your Pokemon I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011, 9:46 am by Annoa Blackrain

» Just Here for My Starter Kit
Roleplaying: Raising Your Pokemon I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun 2011, 10:50 pm by Genecyx

» Elegance Journey
Roleplaying: Raising Your Pokemon I_icon_minitimeSun 12 Jun 2011, 7:55 am by Annoa Blackrain

» A City in the Clouds
Roleplaying: Raising Your Pokemon I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2011, 12:13 pm by Genecyx

» Ashley Still
Roleplaying: Raising Your Pokemon I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2011, 8:44 am by Genecyx

Our Affiliates
Cyx Region Chatbox

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Roleplaying: Raising Your Pokemon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Genecyx
Admin
Admin
Genecyx

Roleplaying: Raising Your Pokemon Empty
PostSubject: Roleplaying: Raising Your Pokemon   Roleplaying: Raising Your Pokemon I_icon_minitimeSun 05 Jun 2011, 6:15 pm

A large portion of pokemon training is leveling up your pokemon, allowing them to access more power, stronger techniques, and even evolve. With that said, you may be wondering how to make your pokemon level up on a roleplaying website. Don't worry, I'll explain everything.

When two trainers pit their pokemon against each other, one of them must lose and one must win. That's just how it goes. One suffers bitter defeat, and must rush to a nearby Pokemon Center to restore their partners to full health. The other, however, receives reward money and experience for every pokemon that was involved directly with the battle. This experience is what pokemon use to increase in level.

A friend of mine set up several ingenious systems for leveling up, and I think they work well. The first concerns battling wild pokemon and trainers, as well, and it goes like this:

Pokemon between the levels of 1 and 20 need ONE battle to level up.
Pokemon between the levels of 21 and 50 need TWO battles to level up.
Pokemon between the levels of 51 and 80 need THREE battles to level up.
Pokemon between the levels of 81 and 99 need FOUR battles to level up.

With this system, everything is kept within reasonable parameters. As you may know, the higher leveled your pokemon are, the more experience they need to level up again. This system sticks to that basic rule, and doesn't make anything too difficult or too easy for you, the trainer.

The second way of leveling up concerns solo training. Solo training is simply roleplaying your character training with his or her pokemon alone. When, where, and how you do this is entirely up to you, but you cannot roleplay yourself fighting against a wild pokemon. Only Mods can introduce pokemon into your training threads.

This is the system for gaining levels during solo-training:

Pokemon between the levels of 1 and 20 need a post of at least 200 words to level up.
Pokemon between the levels of 21 and 50 need a post of at least 400 words to level up.
Pokemon between the levels of 51 and 80 need a post of at least 600 words to level up.
Pokemon between the levels of 81 and 99 need a post of at least 800 words to level up.

~

Oh, and by the way, make sure you keep track of what levels your pokemon learn new moves. It would be difficult for us to keep track of all those different pokemon on our own, and if you do it yourself, you can plan what moves you want and how you wish your pokemon to learn them.

As always, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Back to top Go down
https://firesofcyx.forumotion.com

Roleplaying: Raising Your Pokemon
Page 1 of 1