Fires of Cyx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Pokemon Roleplaying website set in the Cyx Region.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Elegance to Tallum City.
Bret Sojourn I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Jun 2011, 10:23 am by Annoa Blackrain

» Genecyx's Invitation
Bret Sojourn I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 6:22 pm by Genecyx

» Clyde's Request
Bret Sojourn I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 5:56 pm by Genecyx

» In the woods
Bret Sojourn I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011, 3:09 pm by Ashley

» Infatuated
Bret Sojourn I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011, 9:46 am by Annoa Blackrain

» Just Here for My Starter Kit
Bret Sojourn I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Jun 2011, 10:50 pm by Genecyx

» Elegance Journey
Bret Sojourn I_icon_minitimeSun 12 Jun 2011, 7:55 am by Annoa Blackrain

» A City in the Clouds
Bret Sojourn I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2011, 12:13 pm by Genecyx

» Ashley Still
Bret Sojourn I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2011, 8:44 am by Genecyx

Our Affiliates
Cyx Region Chatbox

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

Bret Sojourn

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lynatic

lynatic

Bret Sojourn Empty
PostSubject: Bret Sojourn   Bret Sojourn I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 9:36 pm

Name: Bret Sojourn
Theme Music: Frog's Theme: Chrono Trigger
Picture:
Bret Sojourn Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZDWN2f6z0nIS-NNC17emTmtkZV_VagZGqj3dRlmQ6t_UypB6I

Appearance: Fairly clean cut and average, he is almost always with his glasses and his computer. While out on his journey, he usually wears sneakers, khaki's and a tank top. His blond hair is always not quite neat, but not wild. Sometimes he wears a soul patch on his chin, making him look older than he really is. He is a little tall, but rather... well... average. As he travels on foot more, he'll get a little more cut and tan.

Personality: While a normally nice and charismatic man, he has seen a lot of tragedy and mass destruction. He is much more mature than most his age, and tries to enjoy every day as if it were his last. Having lost his original team, he hopes to build new relationships with new friends... though sometimes seeing a Pokemon of the same species of his old team will make him zone out, remembering the good times.

He has a thing for head games like crosswords or chess. Once he finds a psychic Pokemon, he hopes to play them frequently. He is a frequent customer of game shops, always hoping to win a new Pokemon. Though he likes girls, he doesn't go out of his way to flirt. Even though he likes keeping friends, he is still a little hurt from his past to get too close to anyone except family. Despite the problems he's come from, he loves talking with people and trying new experiences.

Bret as a green thumb, and has a thing for wild forests and fields. He will often take lots of pictures to show his family back home. He also speaks with an accent (what would be considered Queen's English).

History: His Pokemon Journey started in the Caesari Region; a small region founded on a large Island almost thirty years ago. Unlike most which had a league, it was run by a Monarchy with it's own league system. While it was small, trainers had to go through the nobility of four kingdoms which acted as their gyms. While many would think this would put the region in the Dark Ages, it was a thriving metropolis on most of the land mass.

Nobility was decided by strength, not tradition. The rich families that founded the region were the elite four, with the Sovereign king as the champion. The king was decided through those brave enough to step up against the nobility. They all wanted their own society of higher brow status. It was here that Bret and his family worked for one of the noble houses as gardeners and caretaker's of the Countess' prized grass Pokemon.

When he came of age to become a trainer, naturally the house supported him to fight their rivals with the dream of him one day facing the Countess in the elite four. He made many friends in his training years, trained many powerful Pokemon, and managed to defeat two out of the four houses before the earthquake decimated the southern country. Earthquake after earthquake hammered the coast, and the great buildings were falling to the ground.

Because of the underground tunnels made for the subway system, they were getting flooded... and eventually the entire landmass started floating, threatening to collapse the entire region under the weight of all the buildings. Many of his friends died on the routes. To top everything off, they sea started to churn and smoke... apparently the earthquakes were the dawn of a volcano. Regions who were connected online send aid to evacuate the place. With the final volcanic blast, the entire PC server of the region was destroyed... all the Pokemon stored within lost forever.

His family was fortunate to have ties with the Countess. Upon arriving to what was once the Countess' grand manor, he unballed his Pokemon to find survivors. He found some... and other times found people that he knew from his childhood dead in the street. The concrete started getting cracks and pouring water, parting the edge of the land where his Pokemon were and him. His Gyarados and Pidgeot managed give the rest of the team a lift... but it was the last time he would see them as he ordered them to find safety somewhere and not to worry about him.

Devastated, the group managed to get on a piece of land being towed by Wailords from one of the other nobles. Less than a week later, the volcano exploded so loud that the Unova region could hear the blast. Too many died to count as the landmass finally arrived in Cyx. The only Pokemon he had was an egg he had from one of the Pokemon he had lost to the PC collapse. A Budew he named Rosie.

That was three years ago. He always wondered if his team made it out... the area was still covered in smoke and gas from the eruption, and the nobility here had to start working. The Countess Lilliana found herself a job as a botanist... getting paid what she loved to do anyway. Fortunately both his mother and father made it out with her, so the three of them worked on a nearby farm in Voya City. The many refugees of Caesari appreciated the strict laws which were similar to their own, and many who fled there took residence.

Though he had enjoyed the farm life, there was still much that could be done for those who fled his country. With the Countess' blessing, he took Rosie with him to Pueri to get registered for the League here... hoping to become a breath of fresh air for the "Old Mother Country".

Pokemon: Budew (Rosie)
Ability: Poison Point
Level: 10
Moves: Absorb, Growth, Water Sport, Stun Spore
Personality: Hearing tales of what happened to her family, she is very protective of 'uncle Bret'. Though a little bratty, she tries to mimic her trainer by helping those in need... quite frankly, she mimics his eating habits as well, often following him like a shadow.

Last edited by lynatic on Fri 10 Jun 2011, 11:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Genecyx
Admin
Admin
Genecyx

Bret Sojourn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bret Sojourn   Bret Sojourn I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 9:49 pm

He's an excellent character.

My only complaint is his starter. Try another.
Back to top Go down
https://firesofcyx.forumotion.com
lynatic

lynatic

Bret Sojourn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bret Sojourn   Bret Sojourn I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 10:15 pm

Edited to Budew to fit his green personality.
Back to top Go down
Genecyx
Admin
Admin
Genecyx

Bret Sojourn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bret Sojourn   Bret Sojourn I_icon_minitimeWed 08 Jun 2011, 7:17 am

Much better. Again, you've made an excellent character. I'm curious to see his mannerisms in action.

Approved.
Back to top Go down
https://firesofcyx.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Bret Sojourn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bret Sojourn   Bret Sojourn I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bret Sojourn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fires of Cyx :: Characters: Past, Present, and Future :: Accepted Characters-
Jump to: